BimmerWorld E9X M3 X-Pipe -
- Optimized design and layout - X-Pipe design, placement, and dimensions/sizing based on stock headers and flow
- Mandrel-bent tubing - tubes are assembled and bent with minimum of connections for smoother exhaust gas flow and long-term durability
- Fitment with stock headers and any axle-back muffler
- Full 304 stainless steel construction for heat retention, durability, and corrosion resistance.
- 27lbs total - huge weight savings over stock!
There are a lot of E90 M3 / E92 M3 test pipes, center pipes, mid-sections on the market but this has to be the best one. Test Pipes require you to cut your stock exhaust and still leaves restrictive secondary catalytic converters. Other mid-pipes or center sections don't have an x-pipe or have it placed too far down the exhaust to have much benefit. After a lot of R&D and testing, including running a similar design in racing, we now have the E9X M3 center pipes to trump them all.
The key to our center section is the X-pipe placed as far forward as possible. An X-Pipe has been proven to increase torque and horsepower, especially in the higher RPM ranges where the S65 spends a lot of its life. The X-Pipe design relies on exhaust velocity to be the most effective so it must be located as close to the engine as possible. Our location is right where both banks merge, an ideal location. The front half of our exhaust works just like any Test Pipe set on the market, eliminating the primary cats while still incorporating the stock O2 sensor locations. The rear half of our system eliminates the secondary cats and is available as straight pipes for maximum flow or with resonators to tone down the exhaust note. Both styles are Made in the USA from 304 stainless steel.
These are designed for race or track use only. They bolt to the stock S65 headers with factory gaskets and any rear exhaust muffler system can be used. This allows you to remove and store your stock catalytic converter/mid-section without having to cut it up. If you need to go back to stock in the future, simply swap center sections and continue.
BMW Fitments: 3 Series
E90 / E91 / E92 / E93 (06-13) > M3