Ease of Installation: (1 Easy, 5 Hard) 1
- Increase throttle response and decreases turbo lag.
- Compatible with factory diverter valves or aftermarket factory style diverter valves.
- Lightweight High Grade 6061 Aluminum Piping.
- Throttle body matched 3" piping.
- Retains factory style o-ring throttle body lock flange. Precision CNC machined throttle body flange ensures leak free connection to throttle body. Quick and easy connection and disconnection to throttle body. Ideal connection compared to the silicone hose and hose clamp connection found in all other aftermarket diverter valve upgrade pipes available in the marketplace.
- Precision CNC machined MAP sensor flange ensures leak free connection.
- Diverter Valve Charge Pipe features beaded ends and T-bolt clamps to prevent intercooler piping from coming off from boost.
- Factory diverter valve sound baffle, which causes turbulence in the factory pipe, is removed.
- Optional Type III Hard Black Anodizing (for stealth and OEM look). Hard anodizing helps improve durability of intercooler piping. Resists bent or dented piping.
- Includes all hardware for complete installation.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty.
The factory diverter valves are not able to hold up against the rigors of high boost application. Often ignored, charged intake airflow characteristics greatly affect throttle response, turbo lag and ultimately maximum power potential. Smooth bends and minimal obstructions are ideal. This is not the case with the factory diverter valve charge pipe. The factory diverter valve chargepipe features a sound baffle for the diverter valves. This sound baffle is connected on the side of the factory diverter valve charge pipe which splits airflow. This causes turbulence inside the pipe which slows the charge intake air velocity (speed of the air traveling inside the pipe). By removing this turbulence (by eliminating the factory diverter valve sound baffle), increased throttle response, decrease turbo lag and ultimately higher maximum power potential can be realized. Evolution Racewerks Diverter Valve Charge Pipe eliminates this sound baffle and thus eliminates the unneccesary turbulence in the diverter valve pipe, keeping charge intake air velocity at it's maximum. Apparrently, BMW thought the same thing as later model (2009-10) did not come with this baffle.
Since one of the reasons for changing out the factory diverter valves was to prevent boost leaks (from prematurely opening on high boost), causing boost leaks while upgrading the diverter valve would be counterproductive. During research and development, the connection at the throttle body was looked at carefully. The factory diverter valve is connected to the throttle body using an o-ring inside the throttle body flange which is locked in place by a c-clip, which works very well. It also make removal/installation quick and easy. Testing showed it could hold quite a bit of boost. Pressure was tested up to 25 PSI.
Many competitive products use a silicone hose connection for the throttle body connection. It is not designed for a silicone hose connection which is used by other brand diverter valve pipe upgrades. The throttle body lip is too short and there are no "beads" to prevent the silicone hose from blowing off under boost. Even though it is the easiest way to upgrade, it is not ideal. The best way to connect the new diverter valve pipe to the throttle body is to replicate the stock connection.
The MAP sensor flange is also designed to mimic the factory setup. The CNC machined MAP sensor flange utilizes the factory o-ring seal for strenght and reliability.
The Diverter Valve Charge Pipe is available in 2 finish options. Mirror polish finish and Type III Hard Black Anodizing. An added benefit of the Type III Hard Black Anodizing is that it hardens the aluminum piping and makes it more durable against accidental damage (like dropping the pipe).
1/8" NPT threaded bungs (for methanol or nos injectors) are available welded to your diverter valve charge pipe. This allows quick and easy installation of methanol/nitrous injectors. You have the option of adding 1 or 2 injector bungs. Each 1/8" NPT bung will come with a plug so that you can run with or without the methanol injector. This is perfect for those who do not have the Methanol Injection yet but plan to do so in the future.