2-Way, 3-Way, and 4-Way dampers for the ultimate in quality and performance
The MCS F82 M4 GT4 Remote-Reservoir Damper Set is the result of Motion Control Suspension's 50+ years of experience in the racing suspension industry, and with that, they've created the newest, and one of the most advanced damper systems on the market today. All MCS products are designed from a blank canvas, a foundation of winning damper products, and there are no leftovers from existing designs constraining the results – the MCS damper is the absolute best product that can be produced.
2-Way Double Adjustable
- Fits with original GT4 camber plates and rear mounts
- Front struts and canisters built with Quick Disconnects
- Rears are built as coil-over only for GT4
- Damping characteristics are controlled precisely by controlling flow through small holes instead of forcing past traditional shim-stacks
- Large range of adjustment - no need to valve for spring changes
- Non-preloaded valve stack - smoother response without becoming harsh
- Swivel remote canister fittings - mount in any position and install easily
- Blow-off valve system - blows off with big impacts for more grip in demanding conditions
- Large piston rod diameter - more fluid displacement gives better low speed damper control
- Maximum fluid displacement - responds to small amounts of travel for today's low travel suspensions
- Adjustable gas pressure - affect total weight transfer, allowing the use of lighter spring rates without changing damping characteristics
- Damper bodies produced from the highest quality steel or aluminum, application-dependent, and properly designed to take side-loads without binding or damage
- 18 positions of bump adjustment on the remote reservoir and 18 positions of rebound on top of the piston rod. Each adjustment done to the damper (each click) is very noticeable to the driver. Dampers are designed to perform at both low and high piston velocities, giving you total control regardless of the conditions. This is the workhorse damper that is truly professional race quality at an incredible value.2-Way Custom Double Adjustable
- For custom applications and low-volume production, or with custom valving typically for a specific professional race series/tire setup (custom valving is not required or recommended on MCS products for most applications, but is available upon request). 18 positions of bump adjustment on the remote reservoir and 18 positions of rebound on top of the piston rod. Each adjustment done to the damper (each click) is very noticeable to the driver. Dampers are designed to perform at both low and high piston velocities, giving you total control regardless of the conditions.3-Way Triple Adjustable
- 18 positions of high-speed bump adjustment and 18 positions of rebound on top of the piston rod. The 3-Way triple adjustable damper features an additional 6 positions of low-speed bump adjustment. The low-speed bump adjuster is very effective in helping to control body roll while adding to turn in and is effective in controlling pitch and squat. The MCS 3-Way is our choice for high-end performance applications where the budget allows, including competitive autocross, club racing, and professional racing where the engineering required to support a 4-Way may not be readily available.
All damper shafts are induction hardened and chrome plated - the material used is C45 or CrMo for strut applications. The canister pressure can be varied between 6-20 bar (100-350 PSI) to help support the car in high-speed cornering with soft springs. The reservoir is connected to the damper by a high pressure hose and is equipped with swivel banjo’s to easy for easy installation of the canisters in the car regardless of the position. Front canisters come with quick-disconnect fittings.
Damper sets include spring hardware - springs, camber plates, and rear mounts must be ordered separately. These dampers are not typically on the shelf, so please allow build time of 3-4 weeks (or more, season-dependent).Required
for installation: front strut housing sleeves (see below for link).
Made in USA
TECHNICAL NOTE - Adjustable race dampers are a tool to allow you to make your car handle better and ultimately be faster, but proper use is required to achieve the best results. As with all of our products, BimmerWorld is intimately familiar with both the initial setup and daily use of the MCS damper line in a variety of applications. When you purchase these dampers from us, we are available via phone or email to assist with your setup needs during normal office hours.
BMW Fitments:4 Series
F82 (15-21) > M4 GT4