The BimmerWorld View - Double-adjustable damper with a unique adjustment mechanism for easy access and fast changes. Capable of making higher-rate springs feel smooth - well-mannered on the street and race-winning potential when you crank up the damping levels.. Tremendous capability in a premium, easy-to-install and easy-to-use package.
The MCS E46 3 Series (incl M3) 2-Way Non-Remote Damper Set is the pinnacle of ultra-premium suspension dampers. MCS has not only managed to develop a damper kit that is more track-capable than the majority of aftermarket kits, but they've done so while creating a package that is more comfortable than even the stock suspension.
With incredibly tight machining tolerances versus other mass production methods, these hand-crafted dampers are designed with only premium materials versus less durable and costly housings and internals. MCS pays close attention to even the smallest of details to provide repeatable results at all temperatures and shock settings. These ultra-premium dampers have a feel, ride quality, and grip capability that lesser dampers simply can't match - you absolutely get what you pay for.
The MCS 2WNR damper is the king of non-remote reservoir dampers - no other damper made has the range of capability to do so much so well. These dampers are packed with technical features and offer a clean and elegant design execution. The monotube design is very stable with more oil capacity and better heat dissipation than twin tube dampers. Large strut shafts give extremely high, low-friction side-load support that is unmatched by shocks inverted and converted for strut applications. The big main piston gives quick, accurate damper response, and the divider piston separates oil and gas, eliminating cavitation which often causes noise and sloppiness.
Both rebound and compression are controlled by a blow-off valve directly on the main piston for the most precise and accurate damping control - not a needle valve that has a smaller effective adjustment range before the needle is too far out of the orifice to influence flow. And the best part is that both settings are adjustable on one very clever knob, within easy reach under your hood or in your trunk. No more dragging a jack to pit lane, laying on the ground in your nice clothes or driving suit, or getting hot brake rotor brands on your arm!
Features are nothing without execution, and MCS dampers are produced and assembled with unparalleled craftsmanship. With over 50 years of experience in the racing suspension industry, MCS products are born of a foundation of winning damper products, and they're hand-built in Georgia by highly-skilled technicians – the MCS damper is the absolute best product that can be produced. The proper suspension setup will not only help reduce lap times on track, but also give you a much better ride on the street.
- Monotube design for consistent and precise operation
- Accommodates a wide range of spring rates without the need to revalve or customize
- Very smooth at low and high frequencies – no traditional pre-loaded valve stacks are used
- Comfortable on the road and easy to adjust to race conditions
- Large piston diameter - more fluid displacement gives better low speed damper control
- Blow-off valve system controlled by Wave Spring Technology provides maximum low speed damping control, but is able to blow off at high damper velocities for bumps, curbs, and landings after curbs
- 14 discrete clicks of compression adjustment, 18 clicks of rebound - every click is noticeable
- One adjuster knob for both compression and rebound gives clear click resolution with integrated release button to switch from rebound to compression mode
- Adjuster knob located on top of shaft - easy accessible
- Double-piston design using Teflon piston bands in all front struts for extra side load support
- 22mm strut shaft diameter, 16mm shock shaft
- Integrated reservoir for easy installation and weight savings
- Shock bodies and spring hardware made from premium aluminum alloy, anodized for long-term durability and appearance
- Strut housings coated with a special nickel coating for a long lasting corrosion free life
- Ride height adjustable
- Fully rebuildable in the USA
Please contact one of our BimmerWorld experts to custom-tailor your MCS package to meet your specific needs.
MCS 2WNR dampers come packaged with dampers, front spring perches, adjustment knobs, and hardware. Springs, camber plates, rear ride-height adjusters, and rear shock mounts are required and available separately or as a complete package with dampers.
We prefer 2.25" springs because of the smaller outside diameter but 60mm or 2.5" perches are also available (please inquire).
Made in USA
E46 (99-05) > 320i
E46 (99-05) > 323Ci
E46 (99-05) > 323i
E46 (99-05) > 325Ci
E46 (99-05) > 325i
E46 (99-05) > 325xi
E46 (99-05) > 328Ci
E46 (99-05) > 328i
E46 (99-05) > 330Ci
E46 (99-05) > 330i
E46 (99-05) > 330xi
E46 (99-05) > M3