The BimmerWorld View: An 18x10" wheel is the perfect size for a track wheels on E46 M3, E90 E92 M3, E82 1M, and F8X M3/M4* with an experienced driver behind the wheel. The 10" will easily take a 275 Hoosier, Continental, or other common race tires. This is serious rubber that fits under the stock bodywork with little or no body modifications required*. 18x9.5 wheels and 255-265 tires give more feedback at lower speeds that will benefit intermediate drivers who want to advance their skills. Apex EC7 wheels have all of the essentials to be a top choice for track wheels. They are light weight, inexpensive, and have a lot of caliper clearance.
An optimized car setup begins with the perfect wheel fitment. Without utilizing perfect wheel offsets and maximum tire widths, you're compromising the performance potential of your BMW. Because of this fact, the EC-7 offers three unique face profiles ranging from shallow to deep concavity, and this results in 13 unique 18" sizes. This wide range of fitments allows for vehicle-specific caliper clearance, offsets, and tire widths, giving you the widest range of optimal setup possibilities.
The EC-7's spoke profile has been designed with a curve to provide additional caliper clearance, often clearing a BBK on applications where the ARC-8 could not - spacer-free! Note: In race applications, we still often choose to use spacers.
Another significant improvement from the EC-7 design is the increased barrel clearance that allows for the 18" version of this wheel to properly clear the Performance Friction 378mm Brake Kit. As with the rest of the APEX wheel line, EC-7 achieves its combination of strength and light weight through flow-forming technology. By flow-forming the wheel, weight is reduced in the barrel through a process sometimes referred to as "roll forging." Roll forging, while not the same as the traditional forging, is superior to regular casting. The rolling process occurs under extreme pressure, yielding a barrel that is stronger than a standard cast wheel, with certain material properties that are similar to a standard forged wheel. This added barrel strength allows for a reduction in overall wheel weight, while not sacrificing any of the strength you'd expect from durable flow-formed wheels.
Thanks to its lightweight barrel and robust face design, the EC-7 stands up well against the rigors of endurance racing, as well as your average street potholes.
- Split-spoke design
- Flow-formed, roll forged barrel - superior strength and reduced weight
- Excellent clearance for aftermarket big brake kits
- No spacers required
- Carbon fiber pattern hub cap included
- Accepts BMW center cap (sold separately)
- Accepts factory lug bolts, studs, or wheel locks
- Compatible with factory tire pressure monitor sensors (TPMS)
Priced as a set of 4. Apex wheel center caps included. BMW center caps sold separately.
General Fitment Note: these are sold as a race-fitment only and rubbing with bodywork or on suspension may occur depending on tire choice and suspension settings. We cannot verify fitment with every combination of wheel-tire-suspension. Verification of wheel fitment is the responsibility of the customer. Please contact us directly if you have any questions or concerns. Returns are limited to quality issues only.
* Fitment for 2015+ F8X M3/M4: this set uses 18x10" ET25 wheels which is a great fit on the front of F8X but aggressive on the rear. The rear tire is more likely to contact the fender, even with additional camber, alignment, and ride height adjustments. Although this is a common size and offset in the industry we prefer the 18x10" ET33 with a spacer in the front. With the +33 offset we get a better fit in the rear and no issues in the front with the spacers. Please contact us directly if you have any questions or concerns.
E82 (11-13) > M Coupe
F22 (14-19) > M235i Racing
F22 (14-19) > M240i Racing
E46 (01-06) > M3
E90 / E92 / E93 (08-13) > M3
F80 (15-19) > M3
F82 / F83 (15-20) > M4