The BimmerWorld View: 18x10 is the go-to size for square track wheels on E46 M3, E9X M3, and F8X M3/M4*. The 10.0" fits these cars with minimal clearance issues* and the width is perfect for a wide range of optimal tire sizes. 18x10 was also chosen as the factory race wheel for the E9X M3 GT4 and M235iR.
The TA5R sets new standards for flow-formed track wheels with superior strength, light weight, huge brake clearance, and affordable. The TA5R has greater strength and more reinforcement in critical areas: more material in the outer lips, a closed-face hub, and spokes that extend to the outer lip. These features, plus the latest flow-forming manufacturing, have produced a wheel with a load rating of 720kg (1,587lbs), which is higher than other so-called track wheels.
Flow-forming and precise machining also produce a light wheel - the 18x10.0 sits on our scales at 20.09lbs. The TA5R has been fatigue and impact tested and exceeds SAE, JWL, and VIA standards. Flow-forming is a manufacturing process with a tighter grain structure than casting that makes the wheel stronger, similar to a true forged wheel. The superior process far surpasses older manufacturing that use a straight casting process.
The wide-V-spoke design stretches all the way to the outer lip, a key component to the TA5R's strength. They also allow tremendous caliper clearance behind the spokes. 18" sizes clear all 355mm brakes (Brembo F40, Monobloc, ST40, ST60) plus StopTech ST60 380mm kit and stock F8X M3/M4 iron brakes (not CCB).
Thanks to its lightweight barrel and robust face design, the TA5R stands up well against the rigors of endurance racing, as well as your average street potholes. The 18" TA5R features a load rating of 1,587lbs.
- Wide V-spoke design out to the outer lip - superior strength
- Flow-formed, roll-forged barrel - high strength but low weight
- Reinforced inner lip for added strength over curbs
- Knurled bead seat reduces tire slippage
- Huge spoke clearance for big brake kits
- Closed-face hub maximizes strength in the hub
- Accepts OE BMW center cap (TA5R cap included)
- Accepts factory lug bolts, wheel locks, or stud conversions
- 32mm lug hole accommodates 19mm sockets
- Protective recessed valve stem pocket
- Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) compatible (not included)
Priced as a set of 4 wheels.
BMW Fitments:1 Series
General Fitment Note: these are sold as a race-fitment only and rubbing with bodywork or on suspension may occur depending on tire choice and suspension settings. We cannot verify fitment with every combination of wheel-tire-suspension. Verification of wheel fitment is the responsibility of the customer. Please contact us directly if you have any questions or concerns. Returns are limited to quality issues only.
* Fitment for 2015+ F8X M3/M4: this set uses 18x10" ET25 wheels which is a great fit on the front of F8X but aggressive on the rear. The rear tire is more likely to contact the fender, even with additional camber, alignment, and ride height adjustments. Although this is a common size and offset in the industry we prefer the 18x10" ET33 with a spacer in the front. With the +33 offset we get a better fit in the rear and no issues in the front with the spacers. Please contact us directly if you have any questions or concerns.
Need help deciding on a size or offset for your BMW? No problem! Give us a call at 877.639.9648 or email us at [email protected] for assistance. We're your BMW wheel experts and are happy to help.
E82 (11-13) > M Coupe2 Series
F22 (14-19) > M235i Racing
F22 (14-19) > M240i Racing3 Series
E46 (01-06) > M33 Series
E90 / E92 / E93 (08-13) > M33 Series
F80 (15-19) > M34 Series
F82 / F83 (15-20) > M4