Our 18x9.0" ET31 TA5R wheels happen to be close to what BMW recommends for winter wheels on the F87 M2, F80 M3, and F82/F83 M4. Because of the sizing and offset, these should only be used to mount snow tires and use during the Winter.
BMW recommends a 18x8.5" ET27 and 18x9.0" ET29 so this 9.0" ET31 wheel is nearly identical specs. Use with a 255/40 or 245/45 18" snow tire for an ideal winter setup. Having the same size in front and rear also makes it possible to rotate tires and get more life out of your winter set. Wheel spacers are not required for these BMW models but may be added to get a more flush fitment to the fender.
Our TA5R wheels use the very latest flow-form manufacturing techniques to produce a very strong and light weight wheel. The process is similar to casting but with a tighter grain structure that makes the wheel stronger, similar to a true forged wheel. The TA5R has been fatigue and impact tested and exceeds SAE, JWL, and VIA standards.
The wide-V-spoke design stretches all the way to the outer lip, a key component to the TA5R's strength. They also allow tremendous caliper clearance behind the spokes. 18" sizes clear all 355mm brakes (Brembo F40, Monobloc, ST40, ST60) plus StopTech ST60 380mm kit.
Thanks to its lightweight barrel and robust face design, the TA5R stands up well against the rigors of endurance racing, as well as your average street potholes. The 18" TA5R features a load rating of 1,587lbs.
- Wide V-spoke design out to the outer lip - superior strength
- Flow-formed, roll-forged barrel - high strength but low weight
- Reinforced inner lip for added strength over curbs
- Knurled bead seat reduces tire slippage
- Huge spoke clearance for big brake kits
- Closed-face hub maximizes strength in the hub
- Accepts OE BMW center cap (TA5R cap included)
- Accepts factory lug bolts, wheel locks, or stud conversions
- 32mm lug hole accommodates 19mm sockets
- Protective recessed valve stem pocket
- Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) compatible (not included)
Priced as a set of 4 wheels.
Need help deciding on a size or offset for your BMW? No problem! Give us a call at 877.639.9648 or email us at [email protected]
for assistance. We're your BMW wheel experts and are happy to help.
M2: not for M2 Competition model
M3/M4: not for Carbon Ceramic Brakes
BMW Fitments:2 Series
F87 (16-18) > M23 Series
F80 (15-19) > M34 Series
F82 / F83 (15-20) > M4