- Novec 1230 liquid>gas suppressant
- Advanced, feature-packed, high capacity fire system
- Electrical trigger
- 3.0kg bottle*
- 2 cockpit nozzles, 2 engine nozzles
- Kink-proof flexible line (no more tube bending!)
- FIA Tech List 16 approved
On a remote system the charge canister is outside of the bottle, allowing more capacity inside for the suppressant material. The suppressant material also stays "pure" as none of the propellant gets mixed in. Remote Charge systems react faster and discharge the suppressant quicker.
Electric systems are activated by pressing a strategically-mounted momentary push button. Using a military specification actuator to detonate the extinguisher, the actuator extends a steel pin, breaking a thin seal on the charge canister. All electrical systems have their own independent battery power supply capable of checking battery strength and circuit continuity as well as giving a visible indication that the system is armed.
Novec suppresses fire by removing (absorbing) heat and blocking oxygen. It starts as a liquid but is atomized into a heavy gas as it exits the nozzle and the fog travels to all surfaces. The vapor alone is enough to suppress flame as it expands. This means you can do more with less - it does not require as much material so your bottle can be smaller (less weight). Novec is not harmful to electronics or humans and is non-corrosive. Clean-up is super easy as the material evaporates and there is no residue left behind. Another benefit of a remote charge system is that you get undiluted Novec gas through the lines first, not a mix of suppressant and propellant. To learn more about fire systems and suppressants, click here for our Tech Page
1 x Power module
1 x Power and actuator harness
2 x Push buttons with aluminum shrouds
1 x bottle mounting bracket and straps
4 x Nozzles (2 for interior, 2 for engine)
4 x 8mm T-connector
1 x 8mm cross-connector
10 meters of 8mm coated flexible braided line
1 x 8mm bulkhead fitting
10 x tube clips
1 x decal pack
* - the 3.0kg size is the largest size for Novec and is recommended for production, touring car, and rally applications. It is a larger capacity than a 5lb system but consult your series or sanctioning body for clarification on the metric vs imperial size.