- AFFF and Novec dual system
- Advanced, feature-packed, high capacity fire system
- Electrical trigger
- 4.0kg bottle*
- 2.3-4m3 (81-141cu ft) volume*
- 2 cockpit nozzle, 3 engine nozzles
- Kink-proof flexible line (no more tube bending!)
- FIA 8865-2015 approved
The 3620 system uses AFFF foam in the engine bay for fuel and oil fire and Novec 1230 in the interior that protects your valuable electronics. The 3620 is FIA 8865-2015 approved and surpasses the already stringent Tech List 16 standards. A dual-agent system gets you the best of two worlds - foam knocks down the engine fire and prevents flare-ups (for a long but limited time) while Novec gas is a human and electronics-friendly suppressant perfect for cockpit use. This system is larger and heavier than most but offers excellent protection to the very latest FIA standards.
Electric systems are activated by pressing a strategically-mounted momentary push button. Using a military specification actuator to detonate the extinguisher, the actuator extends a steel pin, breaking a thin seal in the neck of the cylinder and discharging the contents. All electrical systems have their own independent battery power supply capable of checking battery strength and circuit continuity as well as giving a visible indication that the system is armed.
To learn more about fire systems and suppressants, click here for our Tech Page
1 x Power module
1 x Power and actuator harness
2 x Push buttons with aluminum shrouds
1 x Bottle mounting bracket and straps
5 x Nozzles (2 for interior, 3 for engine) (plus 2 bonus nozzles)
Bulkead and T connectors
10mm (interior) and 8mm (engine) coated flexible braided line
* - 4.0kg is the total weight of both suppressants. As a dual-agent system it's hard to make a direct comparison with a single system like AFFF or Novec. The total volume coverage for this system is 2.3-4m3
(81-141cu ft), which is more than enough for a current or older BMW 1/2/3/4-series models.