Capable of making higher-rate springs feel smooth - well-mannered on the street and race-winning potential when you crank up the damping levels.
The MCS E9X/E8X 1-Way Non-Remote Single Adjustable Damper Set is the pinnacle of ultra-premium suspension dampers. MCS has not only managed to develop a damper kit that is more track-capable than the majority of aftermarket kits, but they've done so while creating a package that is more comfortable than even the stock suspension.
With incredibly tight machining tolerances versus other mass production methods, these hand-crafted dampers are designed with only premium materials versus less durable and costly housings and internals. MCS pays close attention to even the smallest of details to provide repeatable results at all temperatures and shock settings. These ultra-premium dampers have a feel, ride quality, and grip capability that lesser dampers simply can't match - you absolutely get what you pay for.
Motion Control Suspension (MCS) has over 50 years of experience in the racing suspension industry, and with that, they've created the newest, and one of the most advanced damper systems on the market today. All MCS products are designed from a blank canvas, a foundation of winning damper products, and there are no leftovers from existing designs constraining the results – the MCS damper is the absolute best product that can be produced. The proper suspension setup will not only help reduce lap times on track, but also give you a much better ride on the street.
- 18 distinct clicks of rebound adjustment - every click is noticeable
- Damping characteristics are controlled precisely by controlling flow through small holes instead of forcing past traditional shim-stacks
- Large range of adjustment - no need to valve for spring changes
- Non-preloaded valve stack - smoother response without becoming harsh
- Blow-off valve system - blows off with big impacts for more grip in demanding conditions
- Large piston rod diameter - more fluid displacement gives better low speed damper control
- Maximum fluid displacement - responds to small amounts of travel for today's low travel suspensions
- Damper bodies produced from the highest quality steel or aluminum, application-dependent, and properly designed to take side-loads without binding or damage, providing a long lifespan
- Uses a majority of parts from the Motorsport-level MCS 2-Way damper
- Fully rebuildable and upgradable in the USA
Please contact one of our BimmerWorld experts to custom-tailor your MCS package to meet your specific needs.
MCS E9X/E8X Single Adjustable dampers come packaged with dampers, front spring perches for 2.25" ID springs, top attachment nuts, and adjustment knobs. Springs (60mm ID), camber plates, rear ride-height adjusters for 60mm ID springs, and rear shock mounts are required and available separately or as a complete package with dampers.
*E8X/E9X dampers are a pin-to-eye rear and require an additional rear lower clevis mount or M3 Camber Arm Conversion when used on non-M cars. E9X M3 and 1M cars require front strut adapter sleeves (sold separately). Made in USA
NOTE: MCS single adjustable dampers for E9X/E8X cars require 60mm ID springs and adjusters for rear fitment. Front springs are 2.25" ID.
BMW Fitments: 1 Series
E82 / E88 (08-13) > 128i
E82 / E88 (08-13) > 135i
E82 / E88 (08-13) > 135is
E82 / E88 (08-13) > 1M (11-12)3 Series
E90 / E91 / E92 / E93 (06-13) > 323i
E90 / E91 / E92 / E93 (06-13) > 325i
E90 / E91 / E92 / E93 (06-13) > 328i
E90 / E91 / E92 / E93 (06-13) > 330i
E90 / E91 / E92 / E93 (06-13) > 335d
E90 / E91 / E92 / E93 (06-13) > 335i
E90 / E91 / E92 / E93 (06-13) > 335is
E90 / E91 / E92 / E93 (06-13) > M3