Our BimmerWorld E46 M3 Carbon Splitter/Undertray Kit was engineered to balance out the significant downforce levels generated, even at low speeds, from our Carbon Race Wing. This splitter is intended for use as a track/race part; it reduces ground clearance - not recommended for street use.
This kit is complete, but replacement parts are available separately for replacement due to damage.
- Effective - This splitter maximizes the surface area allowed by most BMW race rules (with an optimized front track width). Maximum extension provides high levels of downforce, while a fully enclosed undertray maximizes efficiency by smoothing the under-car air as far back as possible.
- Lightweight - This carbon unit with hardware weighs in at about 8 pounds total. Reducing weight in front of the front tires has a highly beneficial effect on handling.
- Durable - Made to lower the front of the car about 1.5", this splitter is a good compromise between functionality and form. This height typically withstands off-track excursions without major damage. Additionally, due to the standoff mounting, a damaged undertray will not typically take your entire bumper with it, confining most repairs to the undertray itself.
- High Quality - The undertray is constructed as a honeycomb core composite by a manufacturer rooted in ALMS, Rolex, and other race parts. These parts will take a beating!
- Damage Replacement - In the event of damage, the pieces can be potentially repaired (send picture for quote).
This kit consists of a durable honeycomb-core carbon undertray, carbon riser/bumper extension, and standoffs. Light fabrication required to mount splitter standoffs.
Fits E46 M3 cars only.
Some of the related photos include our optional dive planes.
Made in USA
BimmerWorld race carbon parts are designed solely to improve performance. Surface finish and appearance are not priorities in our racing parts. Carbon may be unfinished or sometimes with a minimal clearcoat (for UV protection). You will not find high gloss finishes here for style points. If your priorities are a show car shine there is no shortage of cheaper carbon-wrapped fiberglass or plastic pieces on the market. These are usually loaded with fiberglass, filler, resin, and many clearcoat layers that make them too heavy or not rigid enough for real world competition use. If you wish to apply a finish we suggest vinyl wrap or a light filler skim coat and then paint. In any case, professional prep and installation are strongly advised.
E46 (01-06) > M3