Carbotech Racing Brake Pads are some of the highest performing brake pads in the world, coming directly from Carbotech's research and manufacturing plant in Concord, NC, the racing headquarters of the USA. This pad set is for the FRONT of the vehicle on the 2019+ BMW F87 M2 Competition (6-piston rear caliper), F10 M5, and F06/F13 M6.
Carbotech Performance Brakes utilize true race compounds that are rotor friendly, eliminating the grabbing and locking up that keeps so many drivers and race cars from performing at their peak. You want to go deep to gain those precious fractions of a second before you need to brake, and Carbotech brakes let you do just that. In every turn, all race long.
Designed by racers for racers, Carbotech brakes can be specified to meet the needs of your car and driving style. Give us a call and we can recommend the compounds that will be perfect for your front and rear pads and shoes, assuring that they perform together with optimum effectiveness.
Carbotech pads are relatively easy on rotors, and if you're using your street car for track days, Carbotechs produce a mostly non-corrosive dust for easy wheel and paint cleaning.
Carbotech XP12 Compound Description
- Extremely high initial bite
- Higher torque and fade resistance than XP10
- World-leading friction compound that is unmatched as a ceramic racing compound
- Temperature range of 250 °F to 2000 °F+
- Excellent release and modulation
- The XP12 is the most rotor-aggressive compound Carbotech offers, but compared to the competition the XP12 is still very rotor friendly and gives off 100% non-corrosive dust. XP12 is recommended only for expert/very advanced drivers.
- Most effective on race cars weighing 2,400 lbs or more on R-Compound tires; or street cars weighing 3,200lbs or more for track use only
XP12 is NOT recommended for use as a daily driven street pad due to possibly elevated levels of dust and noise.
Made in the USA
BMW Fitments: 2 Series
F87 (2016+) > M2 Competition S55 (2019+)5 Series
F10 / F11 (11-16) > M5 (2013-2016)6 Series
F12 / F13 (12-18) > M6