Carbotech Racing Brake Pads are some of the highest performing brake pads in the world, coming directly from Carbotech's research and manufacturing plant in Concord, NC, the racing headquarters of the USA.
Carbotech Performance Brakes utilize true race compounds that are rotor friendly, eliminating the grabbing and locking up that keeps so many drivers and race cars from performing at their peak. You want to go deep to gain those precious fractions of a second before you need to brake, and Carbotech brakes let you do just that. In every turn, all race long.
Designed by racers for racers, Carbotech brakes can be specified to meet the needs of your car and driving style. Give us a call and we can recommend the compounds that will be perfect for your front and rear pads and shoes, assuring that they perform together with optimum effectiveness.
Carbotech pads are relatively easy on rotors, and if you're using your street car for track days, Carbotechs produce a mostly non-corrosive dust for easy wheel and paint cleaning.
Carbotech XP20 Compound Description
- Leads the highly touted XP series with an extremely high initial bite
- More torque and fade resistance than compound XP12
- Unmatched as a ceramic racing compound
- Temperature range of 275 °F to 2000 °F+
- Outstanding release and modulation that has made all other Carbotech compounds so successful
- The XP20 is the most rotor-aggressive compound Carbotech makes, but compared to it's competition the it is still very rotor friendly and gives off 100% non-corrosive dust.
- Recommended only for expert/very advanced drivers
- Most affective on race cars weighing 3,000 lbs or more using R-Compound tires only
- Replaces the older XP16 compound. the XP20 is a nice step up from the highly successful XP16.
Not recommended for use as a daily driven street pad due to possibly elevated levels of dust and noise.
Made in the USA
|E9X 335, 328 (9/07+)||918||1170|
|E9X 330, 325i||1061||1170|
|E9X 328 (-8/07)||1061||1267|
|E46 M3 w/ Competition Package||946||683|
|E21 320i||174||478 (shoe)|
|Z4 3.0, 2.5||558||396|
|E6X 545i, 550i||918||919|
|E6X 525i, Manual Trans.||725||683|
|E6X 525i, Auto Trans.||918||683|
|E39 540, 530||681||396|
|E39 528, 525||725||396|
E34 5 Series
|E28 5 Series, Non M||253||279|
|E6X 6 Series, Non M||918||919|
|E24 6 Series, 9/'82+||395||279|
|E24 6 Series, -8/'82||163||164|
|E6X 760, 750||918||919|
|E38 7 Series||681||683|
|E32 7 Series||394||396|
|E23 7 Series||394||396|
|E31 850CSi, 850 '90-7/'93||547||683|
|E31 850 8/'93-'97, 840||639||683|
*Due to dimensional differences in pad shapes we do not suggest Carbotech performance pads with Performance Friction Direct Drive rotors for any application.
BMW Fitments:--Z Series
E85 / E86 Z4 (03-08) > Z4 M