This listing is for a E39 M5 differential rebuilt to stock specs by the experts at Diffsonline. No charts and data to ponder - if you just want your differential to perform as it did when new - or better! - this is your best option. Note that the current list price on a rebuilt diff from BMW is $3,644. And ours is better.
This listing takes out all of the guesswork and research on buying a E39 M5 diff. The Diffsonline M5 diff is rebuilt with the original gear ratio (3.15) and with a slightly improved 2-disc limited-slip unit. Our rebuilt diffs are quieter and last longer than the original factory builds. Polishing of gears and bearings is also available to improve service life and performance.
The rebuild process is extensive:
- The used diff is disassembled and cleaned
- The outside case (carrier) is stripped of grease, grime, and rust
- The clutch discs and friction plates are replaced
- The gear set is assembled with the LSD
- Any machining of the carrier is done in-house
- New OEM bearings are fitted
- New OEM seals are fitted
- The entire internal assembly is aligned (crucial in avoiding gear whine later on)
- Final assembly and checks
- Carrier is given a fresh coat of black paint
- Shipment to your door in special heavy-duty packaging
A $1,500 core charge is not included in the the price and will be added during processing. We need your original diff returned so we can continue rebuilding diffs for other customers. Your original differential must be returned to Diffsonline within 14 business days. Only complete and reusable cores will be eligible for a refund (no blown out, abused, or modified cores please). You must return a diff equal in components and accessories to the one sent to you. You can avoid the core charge altogether by sending in your original diff to be rebuilt.
The diff you receive will be ready to install, minus the fluid and rear cover (which you remove from your original diff). We recommend Red Line 75W110 gear oil. Break-in instructions are included.
BMW Fitments: 5 Series
E39 (97-03) > M5 (00-03)