The JB Racing Aluminum Lightweight Flywheel significantly reduces the high rotating mass of your stock 6-speed E46 330i flywheel, allowing your engine to rev more quickly. This makes shifting faster and rev-matching incredibly easy.
JB Racing's lightweight aluminum replacement flywheels are designed to provide performance enhancements for street-driven vehicles. By reducing static weight and Moment of Inertia (MOI), the lightweight aluminum flywheel allows the engine to rev more quickly, and it takes less power to accelerate the lightweight flywheel, thus allowing more power to reach the wheels.
These lightweight aluminum flywheels are manufactured from billet aluminum and as "single-mass" designs. The critical dimensions of the OEM flywheel are duplicated, and the flywheel is designed to accept the OEM clutch components.* JB Racing flywheels are manufactured on state-of-the-art CNC equipment and are always designed, machined, assembled, balanced, inspected, and packaged at JB Racing.
JB Racing is one of the most highly regarded machine shops in the country, and they are used by many professional race teams to do precision machining for engines and other driveline components. Their BMW flywheels are made with the same precision and quality that these winning race teams rely on, unlike typical units on the market.
Standard features include:
- CNC machined flywheel, zero-balanced to eliminate vibration
- Replaceable hardened steel clutch surface, bolted - not riveted on
- Heli-coil inserts for pressure plate don't strip when clutch is replaced
- Uses OEM or aftermarket sport clutch*
- Factory starter ring gear
- Hardened steel gaul plate keeps the flywheel bolts from damaging flywheel
- Flywheel bolts, pressure plate bolts, and dowel pins included
- Pilot Bearing pre-installed in hub
- Captive design 10mm dowel pins
- All metric pressure plate hardware
- 10.5 pounds versus stock 25 pounds
Made in the USA
* Clutch Note: should be used with a sprung-hub clutch for the best driveline smoothness and noise. This flywheel is not compatible with Clutch Masters 6-speed clutches (part number prefix 03CM3).
BMW Fitments: 3 Series
E46 (99-05) > 330Ci
E46 (99-05) > 330iZ Series
E85 / E86 Z4 (03-08) > Z4 3.0i M54