The CP-E N54 E82 135i/1M and E9X 335i 3" Downpipes With Metallic Cats are some of the highest-quality and best performing N54 downpipes in the market. With proper tuning* we typically see gains of 20hp with this N54 catted DP.
- high-flow metallic catalytic converters replace ultra-restrictive ceramic cats
- very high quality engineering and manufacturing from one of the original N54 DP designers
- CAD/CAM and 3D scanning technology used in design and manufacturing
- full 304 stainless steel used throughout
- cast inlet bellmouth and mandrel-bent tubing secondaries minimize obstructions
- laser-cut flanges for superior fitment
- Made in USA
- Lifetime Warranty
Intelligent design and the use of CAD has produced a downpipe with exceptional flow. The stainless bellmouth castings are not only attractive, but fully functional, too. With CAD, the cast inlet contours have the lowest resistance to exhaust flow to ensure the turbos can effectively evacuate exhaust from the turbine housing, which decreases engine pumping losses and improves turbo response. The castings are thickly walled to prevent cracking from the thousands of thermal cycles daily-driven vehicles endure, a common issue with cheap imitation pipes. The thicker material also has the added benefit of helping to retain exhaust energy and velocity.
This version with metallic sport cats is excellent for race/track cars that want to the extra power and reliability of donwpipes but must retain cats for rules compliance. With more racing series moving to catted exhaust systems these high-flow sport cats are exactly what a tracked N54 needs. We strongly advise race-specific software* for all non-factory downpipes, with or without a catalytic converter.
CP-E was one of the original designer/manufacturer of a N54 performance/racing downpipe. Their precise design and manufacturing produced a N54 DP that has been widely imitated. The 3D digitizing, reverse-engineering tools, and robotic cutting and welding systems ensure that each example is true to the original precision-fit prototypes, which guarantees ideal fitment. They come complete with step by step instructions and all necessary hardware required for a complete and professional installation. No permanent modifications are needed, even on Xi AWD models. Additional bungs for wideband O2 or other sensors may also be added (contact us for details). CP-E has a lifetime warranty against any production defects or cracking.
* - Notice of Fault Codes/Check Engine Light
- Using any Racing downpipe could result in a check engine light and fault codes, even with metallic cats. Although we have heard of cases where no check engine light appeared, these Racing downpipes are not designed to meet emissions testing and regulations. Race software that is specific to your mods is strongly advised to better adapt your car to a racing environment, keep the fault codes from appearing, optimize power gains, and improve general drivability. Our Epic Motorsports Race software is strongly encouraged to meet all of your tuning goals.Notice of Emissions Non-Compliance.
Removing, disabling, or altering emissions equipment on a pollution-controlled road vehicle is illegal. Installing devices or software that trick, disable, or modify emissions controls and monitors on a pollution-controlled road vehicle is also illegal. This product is sold only for racing, competition, track, hobby, or other off-road use. It's use is prohibited in any motor vehicle that is subject to emissions inspection or control. Legal only for racing vehicles that may never be used, or registered or licensed for use, upon a public highway. Some suppliers will not ship to certain states, requiring extra delivery time. We will advise you of any delays.
BMW Fitments: 1 Series
E82 / E88 (08-13) > 135i
E82 / E88 (08-13) > 1M (11-12)3 Series
E90 / E91 / E92 / E93 (06-13) > 335i
E90 / E91 / E92 / E93 (06-13) > 335is