The OPTIMA 35 REDTOP Battery represents the ultimate in automotive battery technology for your BMW*. At just 31.7 lbs, the lighter weight is one of the obvious advantages we're drawn to, but OPTIMA Batteries offer so much more.
OPTIMA REDTOP high-performance AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat) batteries hold electrolytes like a sponge, eliminating any chance of acid spilling. This spill-proof design means they can be mounted in virtually any position, and the SPIRALCELL technology allows for low internal resistance that gives you more power in a smaller (lighter) box, plus improved vibration resistance, longer life, and much faster recharging capabilities.
Thanks to the high-purity lead grid and SPIRALCELL technology, the discharge rate of OPTIMA batteries is lower than conventional units while the longevity is higher. The OPTIMA REDTOP delivers the strongest five-second burst of ignition power, and that means you get a reliable start-up every single time, so those out-of-town trips and short-term storage won't result in you coming back to a dead battery in your BMW.
The unbeatable starting power, light weight, and extreme resistance to the most common causes of battery failure make the OPTIMA REDTOP our choice for our own BMWs, trucks, and other applications that require a powerful starting battery.OPTIMA REDTOP Benefits:
- 31.7 lbs (saves 10-25 lbs over typical BMW batteries)
- Group Size: 35, 9.38" x 6.75" x 7.69"
- Strongest five-second starting burst
- CCA: 720 amps
- MCA: 910 amps
- Up to 2 times longer life
- Reserve capacity: 90 minutes
- Capacity: 44Ah
- More than 15 times the vibration resistance
- Spill-proof design, mountable in virtually any position
- Faster recharging
- Reduced weight
- Optimal starting power
The OPTIMA model number for this battery is 35. If you are replacing an OPTIMA battery you already have, this model is the same as batteries marked 8020-164, 9020-164, 27936, RED35, SC35A or N9935RED.
Batteries by themselves are a universal fitment
. This is a "35" size battery, which is not a drop-in fitment for any BMW. Be sure to pick up the appropriate BimmerWorld OPTIMA D35 Battery Mount
for quick and secure mounting of your OPTIMA battery using factory mounting points. Other applications will need a custom battery mount.
* While we have used this battery in a wide variety of BMWs, it works best for cars that are driven every day. If you have a newer car with modern electronics (2006 and newer), and don't drive it every day, the OPTIMA H6 or H7 battery may be a better choice. The H6 and H7 are larger and with greater capacity to store power, crucial for cars that sit for extended periods.