Protectowire is a heat detection cable containing heat-sensitive materials. When the outer covering melts, the wires will make contact and complete the circuit, activating the fire system. This can be a critical extra safety feature especially if the driver becomes incapacitated in an accident.
- Mount along the ceiling of the cabin using an "S-pattern" with 250-300mm (9.75-11.75") space between bends
- Make bends by hand and use care to not crimp or crease the outer sheath and create a weak spot
- Some additional wiring may be required between the Protectowire and your system's electrical trigger
- Keep away from heat sources including the engine compartment, transmission, differential, exhaust, direct sunlight, or hot surfaces
- Keep away from any sharp edges that could cut or cause an abrasion on the sheathing
- An inline plug can be used to disconnect the sensor cable during storage, transport, etc.
- See the PDF link below for additional use and install information.
The cable we sell is set to trigger at 356°F (180°C).
Currently, Protectowire is only compatible with certain electric systems (including Lifeline).
Select a cable length from the menu above. For motorsport use we typically recommend up to 3 meters.Download/view Protectowire Data Sheet here.