StudioRSR Bolt-In Roll Bar - G82 M4 & G22 Coupes
A well-engineered and superbly built 100% bolt-in half cage for the 2021+ BMW M4 Coupe and G22 4 Series Coupe
This bolt-in roll cage / half cage solution for the G82 M4 and G22 4 Series Coupe chassis exhibits both form and function. StudioRSR developed an outstanding roll bar solution that can be used in motorsport, HPDE, drag race, and track-day needs. The Tesseract cage increases both chassis rigidity and safety, while offering a modern design worthy of a BMW M4 or Premium BMW 4 Series Coupe. We consider the StudioRSR Tesseract roll cage the premium option for this application.
StudioRSR both designed and manufactures this solution in house, using modern manufacturing technology to create an upgrade with wide-radius bends, required for NASA Racing specifications**. The end result is a NO metal crimping, no tube deformation, and no tubing wall failure, which is an ugly aspect of many competing roll bars on the market.
100% Bolt-in Solution
The Tesseract half-cage is a true bolt-in half cage, with an optimum 4-point mounting design and form-fitted brackets SPECIFIC to the G22/G82 coupe chassis. This isn't a "one size fits most" rollbar, but a specifically designed for for the 2021+ G82 M4 Coupe, and fully compatible with the 2021+ 4 Series Coupe (430i & M440i) as well. Installing this roll bar does require removing the rear seat back, which has weight reduction value on its own.
Professional installation is always recommended, but installation is made easy with Studio RSR's proprietary chromoly interlocking tubing clamps. This means ZERO welding! All necessary hardware is included, as well as installation instructions. Thanks to this two-piece interlocking construction, this roll bar solution can be shipped directly to you, or your installer's doorstep.
Studio RSR developed a strong track/enthusiast clientele starting with previous generation M cars, such as the E36, E46, E9X, and -- the predecessors to the G82 M4 / 4 Series platform. They leveraged the experience from NASA & SCCA Racing, HPDE, and time trial classes to create a truly professional motorsport solution. The Tesseract's visual aesthetic matches the aggressive, modern design of the BMW G22 / G82 M4 perfectly.
Available in Two Difference Specs:
- Tesseract Spec (recommended for Street/HPDE) with bent / angled rear leg
- NASA Racing spec (for track/race) with straight leg version (**as of 2016.5 rulebook, not sanctioned). The NASA spec (straight leg) is the BimmerWorld preferred spec.
- 4-point half-cage / rollbar
- 100% bolt-in installation.
- 6 steel brackets form-fitted to the G22/G82 coupe chassis
- Deletes the rear seats / seat back, yielding weight reduction to offset cage weight
- Wide-Radius bends for even stress distribution.
- No metal crimping, deformation or tubing wall failure
- Factory mounting points chosen and designed for optimum bolt location
- Integrated chromoly tubing clamps (an exclusive / proprietary design)
- Heavy-duty DOM (Drawn Over Mandrel) Round Mechanical Steel Tubing
- All Cage Tubing is 1.75" x .120 wall thickness
- Premium Grade-8 Mounting Hardware (included)
- Installation instruction provided
- 100% Made in USA
- Powdercoated in Red, White, Yellow, or Black (at no additional cost!)
Optional Upgrades (Not Included)
The following options are available with additional costs:
- Integrated Harness Loops (Optional Surcharge, +$195)
- Integrated Harness Rings (Optional Surcharge, +$385)
- Integrated Go-Pro & other Camera mounts (Optional Surcharge, +$250)
- Custom Color Powder Coating (Optional Surcharge, +$250)
- Custom OEM Pain Match (Optional Surcharge (Cost Varies, Contact Us)
- Custom X-designs and Custom Gusseting (Cost Varies, Contact Us)
(** Please call, email, or leave a note on your order!)
Product Details / Disclaimers:
- Made to order. Please allow several weeks for construction and delivery. Rush Delivery is NOT available.
- Cancellations made more than one day after order may incur a 10% cancellation fee.
- Intended for Off-Road use only.
- Product photos may vary from actual item and are included for representation.
Shipping / Freight / Delivery Lead Time
Due to the large / bulky / heavy nature of roll bars, this must be shipping via common carrier freight. Freight within the lower 48 states is ~$200 and shown during checkout. Expedited freight is NOT available, and is subject to both the lead-time to build your roll bar, as well as for the trucking transit time to deliver. We can not deliver roll bars with guaranteed delivery because of this. Please order early and accordingly. For shipping outside of the 48 contiguous states, please contact us.
G22 / G23 (2021+) > 430i
G22 / G23 (2021+) > 430i xDrive
G22 / G23 (2021+) > M440i
G22 / G23 (2021+) > M440i xDrive
G82 / G83 (2021-) > M4 (2021-)
G82 / G83 (2021-) > M4 Competition RWD (2021-)
G82 / G83 (2021-) > M4 xDrive Competition (2021-)