The Rogue Engineering E46 M3 Performance FCAB is a unique and incredibly effective front control arm bushing design, combining CNC'd 6061-T6 aluminum and high-performance polyurethane. These make the perfect compromise between street and track, as they're performance oriented enough for serious track use, yet negligible increases in NVH on the street.
Factory bushings work fine when new, but still leave a bit to be desired in the steering feedback department. Plus, the soft rubber degrades quickly leaving you with some of the common side effects of worn factory FCABs, such as steering wheel shutter when braking, steering wheel shimmy, odd and irregular tire wear, light steering/poor feedback.
While there's no shortage of options for FCABs, Rogue Engineering wanted to push the limits with something that was not only effective, but simple in design- high-performance without any of the negative aspects of track-only parts. Needless to say, RE was extremely successful in reaching their goals...
- Serviceable/rebuildable (easy replacement of bushing insert)
- Urethane insert prevents unwanted control arm deflection while allowing NVH isolation
- Eliminates steering shimmy and wander, especially with the addition of big brake upgrades
- Unchanged steering geometry
- More direct feeling with front end of vehicle - increased steering feedback
- Choice of street or track bushing hardness
- Easy to install (professional installation recommended)
The RE Performance FCABs reuse the factory eyeball arms, or "lollipops," as the aluminum sleeve of the FCAB is pressed into place. Hydraulic press is required for removal of stock bushing and installation of RE FCABs, and Access to the underside of the vehicle is required - professional installation is recommended.
BMW Fitments:3 Series
E46 (01-06) > M3