The BimmerWorld View - Double-adjustable damper with a unique adjustment mechanism for easy access and fast changes. Capable of making higher-rate springs feel smooth - well-mannered on the street and race-winning potential when you crank up the damping levels. Tremendous capability in a premium, easy-to-install and easy-to-use package.
The MCS 2WNR damper is the pinnacle of non-remote reservoir racing shocks for BMW Z3 and MZ3 models. No other damper has the range of capability to do so much so well. MCS has developed a damper kit that is the heart of a Z3/MZ3 track suspension and is more track-focused than the majority of aftermarket kits, while creating a package that is more comfortable than even the stock suspension.
These Z3/MZ3 shocks are packed with technical features and a clean and elegant design execution. The monotube design is very stable, accurate, and quick to respond with more oil capacity and better heat dissipation than twin tube dampers. A blow-off valve is located directly on the main piston and uses Wave Spring Technology for maximum low speed damping but with high speed relief. The divider piston separates oil and gas, eliminating cavitation which often causes noise, pressure loss, and sloppiness. Large 22m front strut shafts and Teflon seals give extremely high, low-friction side-load support that is unmatched by inverted shocks converted for strut applications.
Both rebound and compression are adjusted with a single cleverly-packaged knob, located within easy reach from under your hood or in your trunk. No more dragging a jack to pit lane, laying on the ground in your nice clothes or driving suit, or getting branded by a hot brake rotor on your arm!
Features and technology are nothing without execution, and MCS dampers are produced and assembled with unparalleled craftsmanship right here in the USA. MCS maintains incredibly tight machining tolerances and production standards versus other mass production manufacturers. MCS pays close attention to even the smallest of details to provide repeatable results at all temperatures and shock settings. MCS has roots in high-end European motorsport dampers but are hand-built and serviced outside Atlanta, Georgia by highly-skilled technicians. These ultra-premium dampers have a feel, ride quality, and grip capability that lesser dampers simply can't match - you absolutely get what you pay for.
Z3/MZ3 MCS Damper Features -
- Monotube design for consistent and precise operation
- Integrated reservoir for easy installation and weight savings
- Accommodates a wide range of spring rates without the need to revalve or customize
- Very smooth at low and high frequencies – no traditional pre-loaded valve stacks are used
- Comfortable on the road and easy to adjust to race conditions
- Large piston diameter - more fluid displacement gives better low speed damper control
- Direct blow-off valve system provides maximum low speed damping control with high speed relief
- 14 clicks of compression adjustment, 18 clicks of rebound - every click is distinct and positive
- One clever adjuster knob with integrated release button to switch from rebound to compression settings
- Adjuster knob located on top of shaft - easy accessible and protected from debris
- Premium materials including aluminum alloy and nickel coatings for a long lasting corrosion free life
- Ride height adjustable
- Fully rebuildable in the USA
MCS 2WNR dampers come packaged with dampers, front spring perches, adjustment knobs, and hardware. Springs, camber plates, rear ride-height adjusters, and rear shock mounts are required and available separately or as a complete package with dampers. Please contact one of our BimmerWorld experts to custom-tailor your MCS package to meet your specific needs.
Made in USA
BMW Fitments: Z Series
E36/7 / E36/8 Z3 (96-02) > Z3 1.9
E36/7 / E36/8 Z3 (96-02) > Z3 2.3
E36/7 / E36/8 Z3 (96-02) > Z3 2.5
E36/7 / E36/8 Z3 (96-02) > Z3 2.8
E36/7 / E36/8 Z3 (96-02) > Z3 3.0
E36/7 / E36/8 Z3 (96-02) > Z3 M - S52
E36/7 / E36/8 Z3 (96-02) > Z3 M - S54