The Rogue Engineering RACEBRACE Strut Tower Brace reduces the flex between the front strut towers during hard cornering loads, giving you the feeling of increased stability and improved turning response by allowing your suspension to work as designed.
The RACEBRACE can benefit street driven 6-cylinder E36s just as much as track or race cars. The benefits aren't just something you feel through your suspension, but the brace will also protect the strut towers from mushrooming if you hit a large pothole, which if left unprotected, can cause expensive sheet metal damage. Needing new strut towers welded in is an expensive pain that can easily be avoided.
Not all strut tower braces are created equal, though, so in order to get the most benefit, you need these features:
- Sufficient protection of the strut tower top (to prevent mushrooming)
- Center bar with minimal bends or kinks (straighter is stiffer!)
- Provide adequate under-hood clearance (so not to dimple the hood)
- Allow for suspension changes (for those that frequent the track)
BMW applied many of these traits to their own strut tower braces for the E36 and E46 models. Both used cast aluminum strut tower plates combined with tubular steel center bars.
The Rogue Engineering RACEBRACE was designed as an alternative to the BMW Motorsport factory strut tower brace for the E36 M3, which is no longer available. The Motorsport unit came standard on the 1995 BMW M3 GT (350 produced, for Europe only) as well as the 1995 BMW M3 Lightweight (US market). The highly-desirable, well-engineered brace had cast aluminum end plates and an adjustable steel center bar, but these rare parts easily sell for $600-$700 on the used market. Unfortunately, this bar did not fit ASC+T vehicles. Neither the price nor fitment is an issue with the RE RACEBRACE
- Lightweight tubular steel bars, 100% TIG welded to high-strength steel plates and powder-coated black for a durable finish
- Multiple-bar configuration with center support bars resists twisting and bending of the front chassis
- Open tower design for easy access to adjustable camber plates and shock adjustments
- Adequate clearance over the engine components and under hood - especially important in E36 coupes where clearance is the lowest of all of the E36 models. Other strut tower braces will either put too much pressure in the hood release lever or worse, dimple the hood.
- Full 360° strut-tower support to protect from pothole damage, especially with lowered cars
- Easily removed in minutes with simple hand tools - adjustments to suspension camber/caster plates possible without removing bar
- Only 6.9 lbs, yet strong enough for the rigors of extreme track use
Installation Notes & FAQ
BMW Fitments: 3 Series
- Fits cars with the TC Kline camber plate's short studs.
- Installation for those with stock strut mounts is a matter of minutes. A typical install for an E36 is less than 10 minutes with hand tools.
- For E36 models with M50/S50 engines with oil fill caps towards the firewall, the brace does not interfere with the removal of the cap. Use of a funnel is recommended for spill-free oil additions.
E36 (92-99) > 323ic
E36 (92-99) > 323is
E36 (92-99) > 325i
E36 (92-99) > 325ic
E36 (92-99) > 325is
E36 (92-99) > 328i
E36 (92-99) > 328ic
E36 (92-99) > 328is
E36 (92-99) > M3 (1995)
E36 (92-99) > M3 (96-99)