This Gold Foil Protective Film is an aerospace material capable of reflecting 80% of all radiant heat with continuous operating temperatures of 450 degrees centigrade and radiant heat up to 2000 fahrenheit. The material is metalized polyamide polymer laminated glass cloth with a high-temperature pressure-sensitive adhesive.
The film is lightweight at only 5oz per square yard, and it's easy to apply and remove. Typical applications include, but are not limited to, engine covers, side pods, suspension, under trays/floors, seat bottoms, fire walls and bulkheads. The minimum air gap to heat source is just 1mm.
Gold foil reflective film also forms to any shape, it's far more reflective with greater weight savings, and it's preferred over aluminized cloth and waffle board.CONSTRUCTION:
Metallized polyimide film laminated to glass cloth with high-temperature acrylic adhesive protected by a release liner.FEATURES:
Excellent heat reflecting characteristics and easy to install. Withstands 675 °F of radiant heat for a minimum of 8 hours.PROPERTY VALUE / TEST METHOD:
- Thickness w/o liner .0065? +/- 10% ASTM-D-3652
- Adhesion off stainless steel 32 oz/inch of width min. ASTM-D-1000
- Weight w/o liner 5.04 oz / sq yd LTM 25A
- UV Stability of Adh: Excellent
- Color: Gold
- Shelf Life: 1 year when stored under conditions of 70 degrees F. (21 degrees C.) and 50% R.H.
- Adhesive residue removal: Any adhesive residue remaining after removal of Gold Racing Tape can be dissolved using MEK, toluene or gasoline
Values are not intended for Engineering Specifications. Before using, user shall determine the suitability of the product for the intended use, and user assumes all risk and liability whatsoever in connection therewith. Seller assumes no liability beyond the replacement value of material.Available in adhesive backed sections measuring either either 12"x24" or 24"x24" (choose your option before adding to cart).