For track wheels, this 18x10" ET33 wheel is a better size than the stock staggered sizes on the F87 M2, F80 M3 and F82 M4. Since understeer is built-in thanks to a narrower front tire, adding more rubber in the front is the simplest and most straight-forward way to reduce it. These are our 10.0" wide forged wheels with 33 offset. A small 3-5mm spacer will be required on the front to prevent any rubbing on the strut housing. Even with the spacer, these are a better option than ET25 since it allows you to rotate tires and will have less interference issues. Fitment and clearance has been confirmed with the cast-iron brakes on the M2/M3/M4!
Our TE:AL (Technical Alloy) alloy wheel is constructed as a true forged piece, not "semi-forged" or "flow-forged". A fully forged wheel is stronger and lighter than cast wheels (a semi-forged wheel is still cast). The BimmerWorld racing team has been using forged wheels in multiple types of racing and we're convinced that forged wheels have greater all-around benefits than cast wheels. Because these are our own proprietary wheel, we're able to offer them at roughly half the cost of other forged race wheels in the BMW market!
The BimmerWorld TA16 wheel is 18x10.0" with a ET33 offset and weighs less than 19lbs. The 16 spokes and barrel design leave generous room for big brakes - up to 380mm. BimmerWorld wheels utilize the most advanced wheel design and manufacturing techniques available in the world to make the strongest, lightest wheel possible. Through careful design using CAD and FEA we were able to trim material to make a lighter wheel without sacrificing strength. We also incorporated several unique features normally found on high-end race wheels - knurled bead seat to minimize the wheel spinning inside the tire and a reverse-mount feature that makes it easier for race tires to be mounted from the backside of the wheel.Key Features:
- Ridged cross-spoke design and internal outer-barrel strengthening rib for ultimate strength, rigidity/camber stiffness, and durability
- Massive Caliper Clearance - 18" versions fit up to 380mm brakes
- Pocketed center pad to minimize weight without compromising strength
- Machined from T6061 aluminum forgings, produced with an industry-leading 10,000 ton press for optimized grain flow
- Shot peened and heat treated for exacting strength and increased durability
- Gloss finish is easy to clean
- Knurled bead seat to minimize tire slippage with higher-powered cars and under heavy braking
- Accepts BMW factory center cap (not included)
- Optimal tire sizes: 265/35-18, 275/35-18, 285/35-18
- Reverse mount
- Tested above JWL standards and VIA certified
Note: these are sold as a race-fitment only and rubbing with bodywork may occur depending on tire choice and suspension settings. We cannot verify fitment with every combination of wheel-tire-suspension. The M2 will require a 5mm spacer and the M3/M4 needs a 5-12mm wheel spacer on the front to clear the stock strut housing. These wheels, like many wheels, are not compatible with 10mm wheel spacers. We recommend using 12mm spacers, as 10mm hubcentric spacers have inherent design limitations that prevent them from sitting flush. Verification of wheel fitment is the responsibility of the customer. Please contact us directly if you have any questions or concerns. Returns are limited to quality issues only.
BMW Fitments:2 Series
F87 (2016+) : M23 Series
F80 (2015+) : M34 Series
F82 / F83 (2015+) : M4