The 18x9.5" ET22 is an ideal wheel size and offset for E46 M3, E90 E92 M3, and E82 1M. Since understeer is built-in thanks to a narrower front tire, adding more rubber in the front is the simplest and most straight-foward way to reduce it. Our TE:AL (Technical Alloy) alloy wheel is constructed as a true forged piece, not "semi-forged" or "flow-forged". A fully forged wheel is stronger and lighter than cast wheels (a semi-forged wheel is still cast). The BimmerWorld racing team has been using forged wheels in multiple types of racing and we're convinced that forged wheels have greater all-around benefits than cast wheels. Because these are our own proprietary wheel, we're able to offer them at roughly half the cost of other forged race wheels in the BMW market!
The BimmerWorld TA16 wheel is 18x9.5" with a ET22 offset and weighs less than 19lbs. The 9.5" wheel accepts a 255-275 track tire with ease and less chance of rubbing than with a 18x10" wheel. The 16 spokes and barrel design leave generous room for big brakes - up to 380mm. BimmerWorld wheels utilize the most advanced wheel design and manufacturing techniques available in the world to make the strongest, lightest wheel possible. Through careful design using CAD and FEA we were able to trim material to make a lighter wheel without sacrificing strength. We also incorporated several unique features normally found on high-end race wheels - knurled bead seat to minimize the wheel spinning inside the tire and a reverse-mount feature that makes it easier for race tires to be mounted from the backside of the wheel.Key Features:
- Ridged cross-spoke design and internal outer-barrel strengthening rib for ultimate strength, rigidity/camber stiffness, and durability
- Massive Caliper Clearance - 18" versions fit up to 380mm brakes
- Pocketed center pad to minimize weight without compromising strength
- Machined from T6061 aluminum forgings, produced with an industry-leading 10,000 ton press for optimized grain flow
- Shot peened and heat treated for exacting strength and increased durability
- Gloss finish is easy to clean
- Knurled bead seat to minimize tire slippage with higher-powered cars and under heavy braking
- Accepts BMW factory center cap (not included)
- Optimal tire sizes: 255/35-18, 265/35-18, 275/35-18
- Reverse mount
BimmerWorld TA16 wheels are tested according to DOT/SAE and JWL/VIA standards (certification only required when selling wheels in Japan). Torture tested and proven at all levels of competitive racing, including years of wheel-to-wheel (literally) IMSA pro racing.
Note: these are sold as a race-fitment only and rubbing with bodywork may occur depending on tire choice and suspension settings. We cannot verify fitment with every combination of wheel-tire-suspension. These wheels, like many wheels, are not compatible with 10mm wheel spacers. We recommend using 12mm spacers, as 10mm hubcentric spacers have inherent design limitations that prevent them from sitting flush. Verification of wheel fitment is the responsibility of the customer. Please contact us directly if you have any questions or concerns. Returns are limited to quality issues only.
BMW Fitments:--1 Series
E82 / E88 (08-13) > 1M (11-12)3 Series
E46 (99-05) > M33 Series
E90 / E91 / E92 / E93 (06-13) > M3