Hawk Street-Race track brake pads have higher friction coefficient than the traditional Hawk HP Plus track pads. This gives them greater capability for when you are ready to move beyond the HP Plus but are not ready for a full race pad or want to use a serious track pad for limited street use. The Street-Race compound is a semi-race compound that can can stand up to the heat of multiple-lap track sessions, yet still get you home safely without having to deal with the inconvenience of changing pads at the track.
Street-Race utilizes Hawk's exclusive Ferro-Carbon friction material, a high-tech formula that was engineered specifically for high-performance driving in autocross, Solo II, and light track day applications. Lower wear rates and higher torque values than competitive products are key benefits to the Ferro-Carbon formulation, and the extremely high coefficient of friction makes Street-Race the perfect choice for a high-performance upgrade over OE pads on street cars used in autocross competition, or any situation requiring repetitive heavy braking.
Street-Race rear brake pads should be combined with a similar brake pad on the front. Mixing front and rear brake compounds may result in undesired brake balance.
Street-Race Brake Pad features:
- Medium friction levels (higher than HP Plus)
- Decent cold friction levels, compared to full race pads
- Works great for autocross where a broad temperature operating range is necessary
- Great for beginner driving school and track day drivers looking for a budget-friendly pad that is relatively easy on the rotors
- More rotor wear than typical street performance pad
Made in the USA