Extract the most power out of your track day car or racecar with our complete E46 M3 Race Exhaust
The factory uses their common twin-pipe exhaust design on the E46 M3 which is great for packaging - it fits nicely in tight places. But we have been around the block a time or two and built few exhausts for our pro cars, track cars, and project cars along the way and we are good at making things fit. We have also had our fingers in the S54 engine in various environments and we are well-versed in making power. Behold the result - even more impressive than we had hoped when we started building it!
Full 3.5" Diameter - It is extremely tight in some areas, but we made it fit, and very close to the body of the car - no low hanging points to drag on your trailer, entrance curbing, etc. V-band clamps connect the exhaust sections for a clean, tight seal with no gasket required. The 3.5" diameter requires hand-piecing mandrel-bent pipe sections together instead of bending longer pipe sections, but we are not willing to sacrifice our goals for ease of production. The final judge is the dyno, and a 3.5" exhaust makes more power than 3" in even a stock engine - and is an absolute requirement for more modified powerplants.
The Results - Complete header-back system weighs in at 27 pounds (a full 62 pounds lighter than the factory exhaust). Power gain shown on the dyno graph is a full 10Hp and almost 12 ft-lb of torque versus a typical aftermarket exhaust, cars already equipped with the right parts to make big power or comparisons to a stock exhaust will yield even more power.
Design - The BimmerWorld E46 M3 Exhaust is 100% stainless steel for a long life. We utilize stock mounting points in both the center brace and rear of the car to support the exhaust properly. Stock center mounts are reused and new rear mounts and a stainless bolt-on rear hanger are included. V-band clamps are used throughout the system to join sections so car maintenance at the track becomes very a quick job.
The Race Version of the BimmerWorld E46 M3 Exhaust consists of three sections that replace everything from the header back on your OE-configuration exhaust:
- Front Y-Pipe - A race-quality merge collector, specifically designed to increase exhaust scavenging. An oxygen sensor bung is placed after the merge to add a wideband sensor for dyno work or normal monitoring if desired. The standard size is a direct bolt-on for any standard E46 M3 header, including stock manifolds if you are required to retain a catalytic converter.
- Center Section - This section is available in two flavors depending on your preferences and requirements:
- Sstraight Pipe - When you can run your car fully uncorked, and want the lightest piece available, this section won't leave you struggling to hear your car in a pack guessing when to shift. Beware - with this section in the exhaust, it is a real flame-shooter and can hit 105db+.
- Resonator - A Magnaflow 16" straight through resonator knocks down the volume as well as some of the more abrasive high-pitch tones, without affecting power. Use this section when noise matters - on a street/track car or at tracks with tighter sound restrictions.
SOUND CLIP - Comparing typical aftermarket street exhaust to race system with and without optional resonator.
- Rear Muffler Section - We utilized a straight-through custom Magnaflow muffler that fits snugly in the left side of the factory exhaust space without modification. Exhaust flows on a very direct path out of the car, so it isn't quiet and it is not a good choice for your daily driver. The single tip is our standard slash-cut single-wall because we feel that a serious part like this exhaust doesn't need to be dressed up with a larger, heavy tip to look like it means business. Also available in multiple flavors:
- Standard - This muffler is 10" long to maintain a straight path of flow in the tight space typically used for the longitudinally mounted factory muffler (and most aftermarket pieces). This small, lightweight muffler reduces volume minimally for an aggressive, loud race sound. This muffler exits through the left hole of the factory rear bumper insert.
- Diffuser Exit - Designed for use with our Carbon E46 M3 Rear Diffuser, this muffler is located further left, allowing us the space to fit a full 16" long (very slightly quieter, but still not quiet) Magnaflow muffler. The exhaust exit on this part is approximately 8" further left than the stock opening to give our diffuser more width for airflow - this piece will also work with a modified stock rear bumper insert.
Made in USANotice of Emissions Non-Compliance.
This product is intended only for racing vehicles that may never be used, or registered or licensed for use, upon a public highway. Removing, disabling, or altering emissions equipment on a pollution-controlled road vehicle is illegal. Installing devices or software that trick, disable, or modify emissions controls and monitors on a pollution-controlled road vehicle is also illegal. This product is sold only for racing, competition, track, hobby, or other off-road use. It's use is prohibited in any motor vehicle that is subject to emissions inspection or control. It is not legal for installation or use on any pollution controlled motor vehicle in any state, province, or jurisdiction governed by, or which has adopted, CARB or EPA regulations. BimmerWorld may confirm a customer's racing license, entry, or track participation and reserves the right to cancel part(s) that are not for legitimate racing or track purposes. Some suppliers have shipping exceptions to certain states or territories, requiring extra delivery time. We will advise you of any delays.
E46 (01-06) > M3