Finally! A proper solution for a low cost, low hassle, lightweight, sprung hub clutch to reduce transmission noise in your E36 and Z3. This kit features a JB Racing flywheel and a Sachs clutch package - some of the best names in the business.
These lightweight aluminum flywheels significantly lower the high rotating mass of your stock flywheel, allowing your engine to rev quicker. Makes shifting faster and rev-matching much easier. The addition of a sprung-hub clutch will reduce noise normally masked by the heavy stock dual-mass flywheel, which is more prevalent with a lightweight piece. Other M5 pressure plate kits on the market boast a lighter flywheel, but our total package is 1.5 pounds lighter, which means more power to the wheels!THE FLYWHEEL
JB Racing is one of the best machine shops in the country, used by many professional race teams to do precision machining for engines and other driveline components. Their BMW flywheels are made with the same precision and quality that these teams (including the BimmerWorld World Challenge Touring Cars) rely on, unlike typical units on the market. Standard features include:
- CNC machined flywheel, zero-balanced to eliminate vibration
- Replaceable hardened steel clutch surface, bolted - not riveted on
- Heli-coil inserts for pressure plate don't strip when clutch is replaced
- Factory starter ring gear
- Hardened steel gaul plate keeps the flywheel bolts from damaging flywheel
- Flywheel bolts, pressure plate bolts, and dowel pins included
This JB Racing lightweight flywheel accepts a variety of stock and performance clutch packages. Our design addresses several concerns common to both street and track driven cars:
- Sprung hub - By adding a sprung hub disc, chatter and noise gained by adding a lightweight flywheel is greatly reduced or eliminated.
- Disc material - Depending on your car's use, we offer five flavors for the right amount of grip:
- Sachs OEM Spec - smooth OEM feel, M3 spec clamp load (Additional options available on request, including Clutch Masters configurations to suit various needs)
Kit includes JB Racing aluminum lightweight flywheel, sachs clutch disc and pressure plate, and throw-out bearing. A pilot bearing, see related items, is never a bad idea. Fits all 6 cylinder E36 (323, 325, 328, M3), and -99 Z3 (2.8L, M Coupe/Roadster).
NOTE: Large 420G 6-speed transmission conversions are inherently noisy. While this noise can be reduced with a spring hub clutch, it cannot be eliminated.
INSTALL NOTE: Install all discs with springs facing flywheel. Do not install this clutch disc as indicated on the disc itself, see the included instructions for clarification!