Capable of making higher-rate springs feel smooth - well-mannered on the street and race-winning potential when you crank up the damping levels.
The MCS F87 M2, F80 M3, F82 M4 1-Way Non-Remote Single Adjustable Damper Set* is the pinnacle of ultra-premium suspension dampers. MCS has not only managed to develop a damper kit that is more track-capable than the majority of aftermarket kits, but they've done so while creating a package that is more comfortable than even the stock suspension.
With incredibly tight machining tolerances versus other mass production methods, these hand-crafted dampers are designed with only premium materials versus less durable and costly housings and internals. MCS pays close attention to even the smallest of details to provide repeatable results at all temperatures and shock settings. These ultra-premium dampers have a feel, ride quality, and grip capability that lesser dampers simply can't match - you absolutely get what you pay for.
Motion Control Suspension (MCS) has over 50 years of experience in the racing suspension industry, and with that, they've created the newest, and one of the most advanced damper systems on the market today. All MCS products are designed from a blank canvas, a foundation of winning damper products, and there are no leftovers from existing designs constraining the results – the MCS damper is the absolute best product that can be produced. The proper suspension setup will not only help reduce lap times on track, but also give you a much better ride on the street.
- Built as a coil-over rear shock - no separate ride height adjusters required
- 18 distinct clicks of rebound adjustment - every click is noticeable
- Damping characteristics are controlled precisely by controlling flow through small holes instead of forcing past traditional shim-stacks
- Large range of adjustment - no need to valve for spring changes
- Non-preloaded valve stack - smoother response without becoming harsh
- Blow-off valve system - blows off with big impacts for more grip in demanding conditions
- Large piston rod diameter - more fluid displacement gives better low speed damper control
- Maximum fluid displacement - responds to small amounts of travel for today's low travel suspensions
- Damper bodies produced from the highest quality steel or aluminum, application-dependent, and properly designed to take side-loads without binding or damage, providing a long lifespan
- Uses a majority of parts from the Motorsport-level MCS 2-Way damper
- Fully rebuildable in the USA
Please contact one of our BimmerWorld experts to custom-tailor your MCS package to meet your specific needs.
MCS Single Adjustable dampers come packaged with dampers, front spring perches, top attachment nuts, and adjustment knobs. Springs, camber plates, rear height adjusters, and rear shock mounts are required and available separately or as a complete package with dampers. The rear is set up as a separate spring and shock so rear height adjusters are required. If this will be a track-only suspension we can set this up as a coil-over rear.
We prefer 2.25" springs because of the smaller outside diameter but 60mm or 2.5" perches are also available (please inquire).
Required for installation: front strut housing sleeves, rear spring adjusters, and rear upper clevis mounts. See below for links.
Made in USA
Not for F82 M4 GTS (see separate listing).
BMW Fitments: 2 Series
F87 (2016+) > M2 Competition S55 (2019+)
F87 (2016+) > M2 N55 (2016-2018)3 Series
F80 (2015-2018) > M3 (2015-2018)4 Series
F82 / F83 (2015-2020) > M4 (2015-2020)