Capable of making higher-rate springs feel smooth - well-mannered on the street and race-winning potential when you crank up the damping levels.
The MCS F8X M2/M3/M4 1-Way Non-Remote Single Adjustable Damper Set is the pinnacle of ultra-premium suspension dampers. MCS has developed a damper kit that is more track-capable than the majority of aftermarket kits, and far and above the typical street-based mass market coil overs. This coil-over rear setup is engineered for track use and track-spec spring rates (higher than street-rated springs).
With incredibly tight machining tolerances versus other mass production methods, these hand-crafted dampers are designed with only premium materials versus less durable and costly housings and internals. MCS pays close attention to even the smallest of details to provide repeatable results at all temperatures and shock settings. These ultra-premium dampers have a feel, ride quality, and grip capability that lesser dampers simply can't match - you absolutely get what you pay for.
Motion Control Suspension (MCS) has over 50 years of experience in the racing suspension industry, and with that, they've created the newest, and one of the most advanced damper systems on the market today. All MCS products are designed from a blank canvas, a foundation of winning damper products, and there are no leftovers from existing designs constraining the results – the MCS damper is the absolute best product that can be produced. The proper suspension setup will not only help reduce lap times on track, but also give you a much better ride on the street.
- Built as a coil-over rear shock - no separate ride height adjusters required
- 18 distinct clicks of rebound adjustment - every click is noticeable
- Damping characteristics are controlled precisely by controlling flow through small holes instead of forcing past traditional shim-stacks
- Large range of adjustment - no need to valve for spring changes
- Non-preloaded valve stack - smoother response without becoming harsh
- Blow-off valve system - blows off with big impacts for more grip in demanding conditions
- Large piston rod diameter - more fluid displacement gives better low speed damper control
- Maximum fluid displacement - responds to small amounts of travel for today's low travel suspensions
- Damper bodies produced from the highest quality steel or aluminum, application-dependent, and properly designed to take side-loads without binding or damage, providing a long lifespan
- Uses a majority of parts from the Motorsport-level MCS 2-Way damper
- Fully rebuildable in the USA
Please contact one of our BimmerWorld experts to custom-tailor your MCS package to meet your specific needs.
MCS Single Adjustable dampers come packaged with dampers, front spring perches, top attachment nuts, and adjustment knobs. Springs, camber plates, and rear upper shock mounts are required and available separately or as a complete package with dampers. Rear shocks are built as coil overs and do not require the purchase of rear ride height adjusters. The extra stiffness of the F87/F80/F82 bodyshell means you can run a coil over rear without extra bracing or reinforcement. With a rear CO you will need to run springs with a higher rate than advised for street use so we recommend this kit for track use only (a street-friendly kit is available with the traditional inboard spring).
BMW Fitments: 2 Series
Required for installation: front strut housing sleeves and rear upper clevis mounts. See below for links.
Made in USA
Not for F82 M4 GTS (see separate listing).
F87 (2016+) > M2 Competition S55 (2019+)
F87 (2016+) > M2 N55 (2016-2018)3 Series
F80 (2015+) > M3 (2015+)4 Series
F82 / F83 (2015+) > M4 (2015+)